Why Choose Spectrum...
- We put our Pledge to You in writing.
- We answer our phones live and do not hide behind voicemail.
- IMS has been in business for over 30 years selling, repairing and servicing surgical instruments.
- We know the business of surgical instruments, repairs, and have the passion to serve.
- IMS drives and can guarantee cost savings in surgical instrument repair, scope repair, and power equipment repair.
- IMS offers lowest individual repair costs.
- Spectrum's QuixSilver™ services will significantly reduce capital budgets for replacement equipment.
- IMS has four methods of delivering repair services: On-Location Repair Vehicles, Mail-in Repair Center, In-Hospital Repair Facility, and Temporary Hospital Repair Facility (SRS™).
- We will reduce your spend on new instrument purchases.
- IMS has regional repair hubs to better serve you.
- IMS has earned many contracted GPO agreements, which demonstrates the ability as low-cost provider.
- IMS has a customer service “Czar” in the rare event you have a problem
Matt Rudolph—Vice President of Operations, Chief Customer Advocate
- IMS will follow-up with a phone call to make sure you are satisfied-plus.
- surgical instruments are German-made, German-crafted with a hassle-free lifetime warranty.
- Spectrum's chamber cleaning services will increase the efficiency and effectiveness of your sterilizers.
- IMS understands quality: ISO 9001:2008 certified, ISO 13485:2003 certified and ASQ-CQI (American Society for Quality – Certified Quality Inspector) certification.
- IMS repair employees are not on commission and are not 1099 employees.
- Spectrum’s CEO Rick Schultz wrote the textbook Inspecting Surgical Instruments; An Illustrated Guide.
- We will drive down costs through accredited educational programs.
- All IMS employees are “credentialed” and have had extensive background checks, drug tests, health screening, Bloodborne Pathogen training, Hospital Protocol training and HIPPA training. All sales representatives are CSSVP Certified via IAHCSMM’s Certified Central Service Vendor Partner program.
View our 2010 World Class Customer Service Nomination Essay
"To Matt Rudolph of Spectrum:
Thank you from the bottom of my heart for your involvement with the Medical Mission’s surgical trip to Bombardapolis, Haiti, April 8 - April 20, 2010. With your help we were able to perform 25 surgeries, including one emergency C-section! Fourteen of those procedures were hernias. We operated on seven children." [read more]
"Talk about happy endings… the six Shih Tzus that you may have read about on our website are doing great! When our Humane Agent brought them to the shelter they were so matted and scared that it brought tears to my eyes... With your gift we were able to save these precious animals and I am hopeful that, in new homes, they will learn again to trust. There are moments when I am so moved by the village of people that surround the Humane Society that I sit down with our Shelter Manager and Development Director and say, “Do you believe what an incredible community we have?” Thanking you is one of the best parts of my job. When I get a chance to meet you it is even better. My door is always open, I love having visitors and the good news keeps coming."
"We started with IMS doing scissors and general instrument repair and they proved themselves very well. Then we moved scopes and power and we really started saving money."
—D.W., CRCST, Director of Perioperative Services
"At first we were hesitant to send our scopes for repairs outside of OEM, but IMS provided exceptional service at substantial cost savings. They also saved us time with quicker turnaround. I would certainly recommend IMS to others."
—T.L., Materials Manager (Albany, NY)
"Since using IMS as our vendor for scope repair, we have saved money and have been extremely pleased with the services provided. Customer service skills are excellent and attention to detail is unmatched."
—H.L.D. RN, MSN, CNOR, CRCST, Sterile Processing and Distribution (Cincinnati, OH)
"For the past three years, IMS has provided on-site instrument repair, which continues to be nothing but stellar in performance and competitive on pricing. IMS offers a wide range of loaner inventory, which allows services to continue with minimal interruption."
—R.D.F. RN, Assistant Nurse Manager PACU/CSP (Columbus, OH)
"The one quality that stands out most is the integrity that you and your team always display. The mobile unit is always available for picking up/dropping off instruments on unscheduled days. Those guys can turn a hectic day for us into smooth sailing. I could go on and on about all the wonderful things that IMS has done for our hospital!"
—S.G., Manager, Central Processing Department (Indianapolis, IN)