The Difference Between Surgical Grade Instruments vs. Pakistan Instruments
Surgical Grade Instruments
Most instrument sets are comprised of high quality surgical grade instruments. These
expensive instruments have many advantages over low-cost Pakistan-made instruments.
Although most surgical grade instruments are made in Germany using German stainless steel,
some are now manufactured in Malaysia, Hungary, Poland, and Pakistan.
Facts about Surgical Grade Instruments
- Most Surgical Grade instruments are now produced with a matte or satin finish
- Instruments are marked with company name, item number, and country of origin, usually
- Surgical Grade instruments are almost always backed by a lifetime warranty, which
covers manufacturer defects including cracks and rusting
- If properly cared for, surgical grade instruments should last for many years
Learning to identify and control the use of Pakistan-made instruments is very critical.
Pakistan instruments are manufactured to be disposable or semi-disposable. Keeping this in
mind, you will find that this is not a low cost alternative to purchasing German-made
Facts about Pakistan-Made Instruments
- The majority of Pakistan-made instruments have a shiny finish
- To identify, read the marking/etching on the instruments (i.e., Stainless Pakistan)
- You can sterilize Pakistan-made instruments along with German-made instruments;
however, the Pakistan-made instrument will rust quickly, which will result in the staining
of your German-made instruments
- Never sharpen or repair Pakistan-made instruments because it costs less to buy a new one
- Pakistan-made instruments using Pakistan-made stainless steel rusts very quickly
To purchase this textbook in its entirety, please click here >>
This cover, logos, trademarks, texts on this site are property of surgical instruments.
No images or content from this site may be used, printed, copied or reproduced without written permission
from surgical instruments.
Copyright © 2002 - 2010 surgical instruments.For more surgical instrument information, please call a customer care representative at (800)783-9251 or contact us via email.